Asus has unveiled a new smartphone called the Zenfone C which looks like an upgraded version of the entry level Zenfone 4 in Malaysia.
It has a larger display at 4.5 inches, better processor and an LED flash for its rear camera, yay! The lack of LED flash has been the main disadvantage of the Zenfone 4.
The Asus Zenfone C runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with the usual Asus Zen UI on top using the Intel Atom Z2520 clocked at 1.2GHz and 1GB of RAM.
It still has a 5MP camera at the back with autofocus and a VGA front facing camera. The one at the back has Electronic Image Stabilization and PixelMaster technology for improved low light pictures.
It also comes with 8GB internal storage, microSD slot for 64GB cards and a 2,100mAh battery. There’s no word yet on its availability here in the Philippines.
- 4.5-Inch Capacitive Display (480 x 854 Pixels, ppi)
- Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS with Asus Zen UI
- Intel Atom Z2520 Chipset
- 1.2GHz Dual Core CPU with HyperThreading
- PowerVR SGX544 MP2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with EIS and LED Flash
- VGA Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EGDE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,100mAh Battery
- RM 349 Official Price in Malaysia
- ₱4,500.00 Estimated Price in the Philippines