Nokia showed the world that it is still alive by announcing a new tablet dubbed as the Nokia N1 running on Android 5.0 Lollipop during its Slush14 event in Helsinki, Finland.
The Nokia N1 has a 7.9-inch display with Gorilla Glass 3 and runs on a 2.3GHz Intel Atom processor with 2GB of RAM. It also boasts an 8MP camera with a 5MP front facing one and stereo speakers.
Microsoft completed the acquisition of Nokia’s Devices and Services business in April 2014. Recently, Microsoft stopped using the Nokia brand name with Windows phones, apps and social media accounts.
The most interesting feature of the Nokia N1 tablet is undoubtedly its Android OS instead of Windows since that has been transferred to Microsoft. Lollipop’s Material Design should be a wonder to behold on a 7.9-inch screen with 1,536 x 2,048 pixels with zero air-gap between the touch panel and its touch sensors.
It should also be a beast in performance with its 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor clocked at 2.3GHz with a PowerVR G6430 graphics processor.
Nokia N1 comes with 32GB of onboard storage. The bad news is – there are no SIM card and microSD card slots. It does have dual band Wi-Fi with MIMO antennas, Bluetooth 4.0 and a 5,300mAh battery.
Nokia also used Aluminum with the N1’s body and packed everything in a 6.9mm thick package. It also has stereo speakers although both face downwards.
The Nokia N1 will be available in China soon and costs around $249 which roughly translates to a little more than ₱11,000. However, expect this to have a price tag of more than ₱12,000 if it comes here in the Philippines.
- 7.9-Inch IPS Display with Zero Air-Gap (1,536 x 2,048 Pixels, 324 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS with Nokia Z Launcher
- 2.3GHz Quad Core Intel Atom Z3580 Processor
- PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Rear Camera
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Dual Band Wi-Fi with MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- MicroUSB 2.0 (Reversible)
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Stereo Speakers
- 200.7 x 138.6 x 6.9 mm @ 318 g
- 5,300mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
- $249 Estimated Price (~₱11,200 in the Philippines)