Starmobile did something interesting with the Starmobile Up – they upgraded its internal storage to 8GB from 4GB then slaps an additional ₱500 on its SRP.
The Starmobile Up+, as it’s called, differs from the original Starmobile Up with just that. It has the same quad core chip, 1GB RAM, 5-inch display and 8MP camera but now costs ₱5,490.
Take note that competing local brands such as Cherry Mobile and SKK Mobile are now making 8GB the normal internal storage for smartphones starting from the ₱4,000 price point.
Nevertheless, the Starmobile Up+ still has its 8MP camera equipped with a backside illuminated sensor to attract customers. It also has several tricks including its double tap to wake feature and free accessories.
The 4GB internal storage of the first Starmobile Up is also not enough for people who install a lot of games.
Are you interested with the Starmobile Up or the higher internal storage of the Starmobile Up+?
- 1.3GHz Quad Core MediaTek MT6582M Processor
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS
- 5.0-Inch IPS Display (854 x 480 Pixels, 196 PPI)
- Scratch Resistant Glass
- Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with BSI Sensor and LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Wireless Display
- GPS with Assisted GPS
- FM Radio
- USB On the Go (OTG) Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Bosh Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 146 x 73 x 9.99mm @ 173 grams
- 2,000mAh Li-ion Battery
- ₱5,490.00 Official Suggested Retail Price