In addition to the Galaxy Note 4, Samsung also unveiled a special edition of the phablet with a unique feature called ‘Edge Screen’.
It’s close to the concept of corner displays and Samsung has made the Edge Screen very functional. It can be used to display apps, tools, notifications, controls and saves battery by displaying the clock and other information rather than the main screen while the phone is locked.
Aside from its Edge Screen, the Galaxy Note Edge has basically the same features as the Note 4. It will also run on Snapdragon 805 or Exynos 5433 with a QHD Super AMOLED display, 3GB of RAM, 16MP camera and LTE connectivity.
The Note Edge will be available towards the end of 2014 in select markets only and it’s not clear if the Philippines is included.
Developers are encouraged to take advantage of the Edge Screen while other OEM’s are surely planning a copy of this feature.
- 2.7 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Processor or
- 1.9GHz + 1.3GHz Octa Core Samsung Exynos 5433 Processor
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS with TouchWiz UI
- 5.6-Inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display (1,600 x 2,560 Pixels, 524 PPI)
- Edge Screen with Revolving UX
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Adreno 420 or Mali-T760 GPU
- 16.0 Megapixels Autofocus Main Camera with Smart OIS and LED Flash
- 3.7 Megapixel Wide-Angle (90°) Front Camera
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB or 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE – 800, 850, 900, 1800, 2100 and 2600 MHz
- 3G HSPA+ – 850, 900, 1900 and 2100 MHz
- 2G GSM – 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth v4.1
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio
- MHL Support
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- S-Pen Stylus Support
- Finger Print Scanner
- SpO2 Sensor
- UV Sensor
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 3,000mAh Li-ion Battery
Show Comments 💬