Asus finally launched the much awaited ZenWatch during the IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany. It is the company’s first wearable device and uses Google’s Android Wear platform.
The IP55 rated water and dust resistant Asus ZenWatch boasts a ‘genuine stitched-leather watchband and quick-release clasp design’, curved 1.63-inch AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 and Snapdragon 400 chip.
The Asus ZenWatch pairs with any Android device running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or higher but it works best with the Asus ZenFone and other Asus products. It can be used to:
- automatically unlock your smartphone when the two devices are within range
- locate your misplaced phone
- mute an incoming call by placing your hand over the ZenWatch
- take photos remotely, and
- serve as a presentation remote
It also uses a 9-axis Sensor and a Bio Sensor for its Wellness Manager which monitors and tracks health related statistics such as steps taken, calories burned, activity duration, heart rate, exercise intensity and relaxation level.
Based on these data, you can then view an easy-to-understand relaxation score based on relaxation-level measurements.
|The curved display of the Asus ZenWatch.|
Aside from these health-related features, the Asus ZenWatch also features over a hundred different designs for the watch face. You can go from a classic analog watch design to a retro LCD display type or a modern watch face.
Asus boasts the premium materials used in the ZenWatch although others prefer a black leather strap. Its internals are also stand-out with the 1.2Ghz quad core processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of storage space, 320 x 320 pixel or 278 pixels per inch display and Bluetooth 4.0.
The bad news is it’s not very affordable with a price tag of €199 in Europe or around ₱11,500 when converted.
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Processor
- Android Wear Operating System
- 1.63-Inch AMOLED 2.5D Curved Display (320 x 320 Pixels, 278 PPI)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB Internal Storage
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 9-Axis Sensor
- Bio Sensor
- 1.4Wh Li-Po Battery
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP55)
- 50.6 x 39.8 x 7.9-9.4mm @ 75 grams
- ₱11,500.00 Estimated Price (€199)
Show Comments 💬