HTC is offering a new octa core smartphone under the Desire series with an interesting price of S$298 or around ₱10,500.
HTC Desire 616 is aimed for growing Asian markets like the Philippines. However, a deeper look at its specifications reveals several shortcomings if it is to compete with other octa core offerings from our local brands.
Just like the octa core smartphones from MyPhone, Cherry Mobile and Starmobile, HTC Desire 616 uses the 1.7GHz octa core MT6592 chipset from MediaTek. This means they are more or less on the same performance level.
One big disadvantage for HTC Desire 616 is its 1GB of RAM. This is the same case with the O+ Air where opening a lot of apps or playing a hard core game makes the phone a bit laggy. Hopefully, the quad core Mali-450MP4 graphics processor can counter most of these lags.
On the HTC Desire 616, BlinkFeed can store articles offline just like Pulse so users can read them even while not connected to the internet. BlinkFeed is the stream of news and social media updates on most HTC phones’ homescreen.
- 1.7GHz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 Processor
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
- HTC Sense User Interface with BlinkFeed
- 5.0-Inch HD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 PPI)
- Mali-450MP4 GPU
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 1080p Video Recording for Both Cameras
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB Internal Storage
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro SIM)
- 3G HSPA+ (SIM 1), 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Assisted GPS
- 3.mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 142 x 71.9 x 9.2 mm @ 150 grams
- 2,000 mAh Li-ion Battery
- ₱10,500.00 Estimated Suggested Retail Price