Vivo Philippines unveils a new smartphone called the Vivo Y55 that uses its screen as flash for the front camera to improve the quality of selfies.
It’s also a capable smartphone in terms of performance since it runs on Qualcomm’s octa core Snapdragon 430 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and Android 6.0 Marshmallow as its OS.
The Vivo Y55 has a 5.2 – inch HD display topped by a 2.5D glass with slightly curved edges and housed in a metallic unibody casing.
It’s equipped with an 8 Megapixel main camera at the back and a 5 Megapixel front camera. Then there’s 16GB of built-in storage and a separate slot for microSD card slots of up to 128GB.
Vivo preloaded the Y55 with its Funtouch OS 2.6 skin that offers additional features such as split screen mode and eye protection reading mode.
USB OTG is supported and its battery is rated at 2650mAh. Color options are pretty limited though with just gold and rose gold.
The Vivo Y55 has an official price of ₱7,990.00 in the Philippines.
- 5.2 – Inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 282 ppi)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Chipset
- 1.4GHz Octa Core Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera with Screen Flash
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Virtual Gyroscope
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 147.9 × 72.9 × 7.5 mm @ 142 g
- 2650mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱7,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines