Oppo Philippines has officially launched two variants of its R7 smartphone in the Philippines – the 6-inch R7 Plus and the more compact and affordable R7 Lite. Let’s talk about the latter.
The Oppo R7 Lite has a 5-inch HD AMOLED display, octa core Snapdragon 615 processor from Qualcomm, 4G LTE connectivity and a 13MP camera at the back.
Oppo cites the R7 Lite’s aircraft-grade aluminum body, slightly curved edges (2.5D arc) of its AMOLED screen and Gorilla Glass 3 protection as elegant and premium design.
Its Snapdragon 615 chipset can operate at a maximum of 1.5GHz while 2GB of RAM helps in keeping the phone running smoothly. The company also boasts about the snappier Color OS 2.1 which now runs on top of Android 5.1 Lollipop.
|Selfie with the Oppo R7 Lite.|
Photography is enhanced by phase detection autofocus and optics from Schneider-Kreuznach. It can even shoot 50MP pictures using a feature called Picture Image 2.0+!
There’s 16GB of built-in storage, support for up to 128GB memory cards and 2,320mAh Lithium Polymer battery which is non-removable. Various screen off gestures are supported too.
The Oppo R7 Lite is a dual SIM smartphone but the second SIM slot also functions as the holder for a microSD card. You’ll have to choose between having two SIM cards or one with more storage space.
Its official suggested retail price is ₱13,990.00 and should be available in different Oppo stores nationwide.
- 5.0-Inch HD AMOLED Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 ppi)
- 2.5D Arc Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Color OS 2.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Chipset
- 1.5GHz & 1.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/MicroSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EGDE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 143 x 71 x 6.3 mm @ 157 g
- 2,320mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱13,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines