Instead of a large rotating module, Huawei opted for a small one that contains the camera and its LED flash. It can be flipped so it can function as the front camera or upwards for a macro shot.
The Huawei Honor 7i is an all metal and glass smartphone with a 5.2-inch full HD display in a 7.8mm thin body.
It runs on the new Snapdragon 616 chipset from Qualcomm with two sets of quad core CPUs, Adreno 405 graphics renderer. There are two versions – a 32GB one with 3GB of RAM and another with half the storage and only 2GB of RAM.
|This is Emotion UI 3.1.|
As expected, the Huawei Honor 7i boots to Android 5.1 Lollipop with Huawei’s custom Android skin, Emotion UI 3.1, for the user interface.
It is a dual SIM smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity. The second SIM slot doubles as the microSD card slot though.
|Shoot 13MP selfies with the Huawei Honor 7i!|
The Huawei Honor 7i supports NFC and all the usual wireless connectivity features while a 3100mAh Lithium-Polymer battery powers the device. A finger print sensor is placed on its side which is actually more intuitive than in its home button.
Pricing and availability in the Philippines hasn’t been revealed yet.
- 5.2-Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 424 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Glass
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 Chipset
- 1.7GHz and 1.2GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB/2GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Rotating Camera with Dual LED Flash
- 32GB/16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Finger Print Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 141.6 x 71.2 x 7.8 mm @ 160 g
- 3100mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)