HTC’s 2015 flagship smartphone has been officially unveiled at the company’s press conference during the MWC in Barcelona. As expected, it’s the HTC One M9!
In terms of looks, the HTC One M9 is strikingly similar to the One M8’s instantly recognizable design. The changes are more focused on the phone’s internals.
HTC One M9 features the same 5-inch screen with a full HD or 1080p resolution and Super LCD3 technology. A layer of scratch resistant Gorilla Glass 4 protects this panel.
The UltraPixel camera of the One M8 has been moved to the front while a new 20.7MP snapper now resides on its back.
An octa core Snapdragon 810 runs the show on an Android Lollipop platform with a maximum speed of 2.0GHz, Adreno 403 graphics processor and 3GB of RAM.
Most features of the HTC One M8 are retained on the One M9 such as the BoomSound front facing loudspeakers, Sense user interface and metallic body.
Of course, it has 4G LTE connectivity although there’s only a single SIM slot and no special dual SIM version has been announced unlike the Samsung Galaxy S6.
The HTC One M9 has a bigger battery though. It’s rated at 2,840mAh and, coupled with the still FHD display, should give it a longer uptime.
It will be available in several color options such as Gunmetal Gray, Amber Gold, Silver with Rose Gold accent and Gold with Pink accent.
- 5.0-Inch Full HD Super LCD3 Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS with HTC Sense 7.0 UI
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset
- 2.0GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A57 and
- 1.5GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 20.7 Megapixels Autofocus Main Camera with Dual Tone LED Flash
- 4.0 Megpixels Front Camera with UltraPixel Technology
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP and apt-X
- Infrared Port
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio with RDS
- MHL 3.0 TV-Out
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.6 m @ 157 g
- 2,840mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable) with Quick Charge 2.0