Sony updated its flagship smartphone line during the IFA 2014 with the Xperia Z3. However, there’s not much difference between this and the Z2.
It still has the same display albeit smaller and lighter body, slightly faster 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 variant with 3GB of RAM, 20.7MP camera and IP58 rated water and dust resistance.
The Sony Xperia Z3 has been fitted with a more rounded metal frame that should further improve the look and feel of Sony’s flagship. A copper colored and silver-green version are also available.
Even without a 2k display like the Galaxy Note 4, the 5.2-inch 1080p Triluminos display of the Z3 still rocks an impressive 424 pixels per inch with the X-Reality engine for graphics and a shatter proof glass.
The device comes with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat out of the box with Sony’s customization.
Under the hood, a 2.5GHz quad core MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 runs the show with an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
There’s 16 or 32GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
Sony Xperia Z3 also supports USB OTG for additional external storage and connecting other USB devices.
|Sony Xperia Z3 is available in these four elegant colors.|
Still, the best feature of the Z3 is its 20.7MP main camera with an f/2.3 aperture and OIS for very high quality pictures and videos.
4G LTE is supported by the Z3 as well as dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and MHL and an RDS FM Radio.
A non-removable 3,100mAh Li-ion battery powers the Xperia Z3 and a barometer, compass and gyroscope are all present.
Some are disappointed that the Z3 only has a few new features but remember that it is only 6 months since the Z2 came out.
- 2.5GHz Quad Core Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Processor
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS
- 5.2-Inch Full HD IPS Triluminos Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 424 PPI)
- Scratch Proof Glass
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 20.7 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with OIS and LED Flash
- 2.2 Megapixel Front Camera
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB or 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE – 1700, 1900 and 2100 MHz
- 3G HSPA+ – 850, 900, 1700, 1900 and 2100 MHz
- 2G GSM – 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- RDS FM Radio
- MHL Support
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- IP58 Certified – Dust Proof, Water Resistant
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm @ 163 grams
- 3,100mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)