Xiaomi has partnered with Smart Telecommunications to offer the Xiaomi Mi3 on its postpaid plans. Filipinos can now own the Mi 3 for as low as ₱500 per month.
Of course, you need to comply with several requirements to avail of the Mi 3 on Smart. The All-In 500 Plan option also requires you to pay ₱7,800 on the first month. To get the Mi 3 for free, you need to sign up for at least the Data Plan 999.
Xiaomi Mi 3 is a great phone for its high end specs on a relatively cheap price compared to other international brands. It runs on a Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM and MIUI v5. It is officially priced ₱10,599 and is exclusively sold by Lazada (until this offer from Smart).
I once said that Xiaomi isn’t a big threat to the local brands because the Mi 3 lacks some features and doesn’t have any physical store. However, the partnership with local carriers like Smart will give them a higher exposure and drive their sales up and trump the local brands on the ₱10,000 – ₱11,000 price point.
- 2.3GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor
- MIUI v5 OS (Android 4.4 Kitkat)
- 5-Inch Full HD IPS Display with OGS (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 PPI)
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Stacked CMOS Sensor, f/2.2 Aperture and Dual LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- Single SIM (Regular Size)
- 3G DC-HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Wireless Display via Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 with Bluetooth HID
- Assisted GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 3,050mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱10,599 Official Price