Physics Formula – List of Most Important Physics Equations
Daniel Gubalane Dec 05, 2012
- Weight is the product of mass and acceleration due to gravity.
- Speed is scalar while velocity is vector. They can be both calculated by dividing the distance travelled by the time it took to travel.
- Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. It is the difference of the final and initial velocity divided by the time.
- According to the second law of motion, Force is equal to the product of the mass and acceleration.
- Momentum is the Kinetic Inertia of a moving object. It can be calculated by multiplying the mass and the velocity of the object. Momentum is conserved.
- Impulse is the change in momentum.
- Torque is the force for rotational motion. It is computed by multiplying the force applied and the length of the lever arm.